Thursday, February 15, 2018

Savage Sky by Jim Steranko


Think I mentioned this before, but the Cap'n is just an opportunistic con-man (ala Hans Solo) who, in 1970 Germany, found a box of abandoned Sad Sack comics next to the dumpster at Army housing when his dad asked him to take the trash out one night.  I already knew about the american kids goin door to door on a Saturday morning to trade comics (no american tv), cause they had awakened me every Saturday since I got there.  After read'n the Sad Sacks (a blissful hour one Friday night), I decided to take my new-found treasure door to door and see what all the hub-bub was, bub.  One of the kids that came out to trade that first Saturday morning had this comic in his box, and I offered multiple issues of Sad Sack for it, and the rest is blog'n history

No comments:

Post a Comment